Place of Refuge

Place of Refuge

16 January 2011

Changes of Signs/Changes of Times


OK, so I'm going to venture out onto one of those limbs
just flowering with hypotheticals
and propose
that all the Scorpios in the world
who just found out they may now be
Libras, or -- heaven forbid --
Virgos, had better bite the bullet
and be it.

The times they are a changing,
the earth is moving,
and so must you
and me ------
I've always prided myself
on my balanced sign,  Libra
(with Aries rising, an 
astrologer once told me,
and I liked that too),
and now I'm being asked 
to give up balance and yield
to chastity.
(Virgo, the virgin, ergo, chaste?)
But I think I still have my
Aries rising, unless
that has become
a Pisces,
which really isn't all that bad:

Virgo with Pisces rising may give me
a new kind of balance, 
one that doesn't procrastinate as much
as I've done as a Libra.


Indeed, I see 
real optimism in 
this celestial realignment:
we can all adopt the positives
of our new position
and keep the best of our former
selves, as well. 
This is not to say
we won't all have our flaws,
but by adopting our new signs,
we may
take strides towards a new empathy
towards the perspectives of Others.
Perhaps even the very Other
who, astrologically,
six months ago
was the very sign with which we were told
we were least compatible
is now the very sign
we must become.


So, dear Scorpios,
as I said at the beginning
of this meandering entry:
try your hand at a little 
balance, peacefulness, and justice,
and I'll be,
well,
whatever a Virgo
is supposed to be
within reason.




1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

"the very sign with which we were told
we were least compatible
is now the very sign
we must become."

VERY PROFOUND!