Place of Refuge

Place of Refuge

14 July 2011

More Chain Letter Hopefulness

( artlies )

It appears that
the second most popular post on this blog
is called 

I wrote it about a particular chain letter,
well, really it was a chain e-mail,
that I received about a year ago.

That chain e-mail was called
"My Room of Eight."

(I note that a couple female bloggers have written about that same message now.
For instance, Boston Margy 
and



Well, wouldn't you know it?

I got the same chain e-mail again. 


What goes around comes around, eh?

Anyway, it has been abbreviated.  I like this new version.  It goes like this:


My Table of 8 
> I am supposed to pick 8 women who have touched my life
> and whom I think might participate. Please send this back to me.
> Remember to just read the quotation. That's all you have to do. There
> is nothing attached. Just send this to eight women and let me know what
> happens on the fourth day. Sorry you have to forward the message, but
> try not to break this, please.
> 
> 
> Quote: 
> "May today there be peace within. May you trust that
> you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the
> infinite possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and others.
> May you use the gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that
> has been given to you. May you be content with yourself just the way
> you are. Let this knowledge settle into your bones, and allow your soul
> the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and
> every one of us."
> 
> 
> Now, send this to 8 women or more within the next 5
> minutes. And remember to send this back. I count as 1. You'll see why.

~ ~ ~


If you read my earlier post,
you'll see why I think it's really cool
that this little message is still
in circulation.

( constable )


So I again chose my room of eight.
I chose them from the women I know closely,
and the women who I would like to have know
that I write this blog.

You see, not many people know
who writes this blog.
And that's just fine.

And I included a link to my earlier entry,
and asked them to read it,
and send it on.


This is the message I sent to them:

"This is kind of goofy.  About a year ago, I got a chain letter just like the
 one below.  And now I'm getting it again.  After receiving the first, I wrote
 something about it.  I'm attaching a link to what I wrote.  Yes, I wrote it
 under another name.

http://makropulos.blogspot.com/2010/06/hopefulness-of-chain-letter.html


Yes, you can ignore this message, and quite frankly, I don't care if you do.
 Or you can read it and send it on.  Include my link, if you want to.  And
 know, please, that you are in my room of eight."




Pass it on.
Pass it on.


No comments: