Place of Refuge

Place of Refuge

12 February 2012

This Ol' Orchid Plant

This past August,
I was quite obsessed by my orchids,
which hadn't bloomed in two years.

If you were following this humble blog back then,
you will remember pictures like this:


Well,
those lovely blossoms went the way
of all orchid blossoms:
they withered and fell.

But I was quite satisfied.

I expected the stalk from which they sprouted to do the same thing,
and I waited for that.

But that dear stalk remained
quite viable.

In fact,
here it is:


I paid very little heed to it, figuring it would disappear in time,
but instead, 
it sprouted another branch,



and now it appears to me 
that once again,
this ol' orchid plant
will bloom again:


Stay tuned!
I expect this will really begin to blossom
about the same time that 

spring arrives.


Happy day to you --





1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That is one determined plant!