Place of Refuge

Place of Refuge

20 April 2010

so I have this talking cat. . . .

There's nothing like self promotion, right?

So I'm going to redirect this blog for the day to my other blog, where I think Makropoulos was possessed by the spirit of a cat. . . .


Here's a key or two on the language:

Pişi is a jellicle cat that lets me live with her.  What's a jellicle cat?  Follow this link to a poem by  T.S.Elliot, especially his Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats, or brush up on the musical Cats.  Sorry, that was a trick sentence; it actually had three links in it, if you include the video that follows:




Squeak is a jellicle cat, too, but  Pişi is the more demanding cat.  That doesn't mean she's stronger, though.

I'm the Big-Two-Legged-One.

Pişi is also deaf, and came back to the U.S.A. with me when I moved back here, after living in Turkey for four years.

And here is some of her story:

http://pisisqueak.blogspot.com/

No comments: