Place of Refuge

Place of Refuge

11 January 2012

Hear and Know


Somedays I wake up,
and my being is here,
so totally
pressed up against my inner flesh
like a child against a window:
whole being, flat
wanting
to get to the other side
no matter
what harm lies there.

These days I relish like a fresh cup
of coffee,
and I drink them slow - - -


Then
                                   Other days
I wake to find
the self is in bondage
                                                          somewhere deep inside,
perhaps 
                                                on the other side
                                                          where all selves merge.
Lost in the language,
the cacophony of vowels and 
                                   full stops,
I maneuver the day, a robot
wishing for immediacy,
aware of inadequacy.

Such days
only love
can bring me home,
can bring me here;
                                     we share
                                     a touch
                                       we share
                                           a glance ---

we owe each other
a lifeline back to the moment
if we recognize another wandering,
lost in space.


These words are my hands --
the vowels my eyes
seeking to anchor you
here
             and
now.


Here and Now
Hear and Know
Here and Now

No comments: