Place of Refuge

Place of Refuge

24 November 2011

Turkeys Revolt!!! (Happy Thanksgiving)

So sorry I haven't been here for a little while --
it's a busy time of the year for me,
not simply because the holidays are starting.

It's just the nature of the business I'm in.

Anyway,
I was cleaning and stuffing a turkey this morning,
when I was approached by a four year old
who climbed up on a stool and looked very closely
at the beast in the sink.

"What do you think?" I asked him.

"I just want to look at the turkey," he said,
"but I don't want to eat him.  I really feel sorry for him."

I tried to come up with a good reason for eating the beast,
including the fact he was raised free range,
and fed natural foods,
there on a beautiful farm
somewhere in Upstate New York,
but I realized by the look on the child's face
that I was presenting a very convincing argument
for keeping the bird alive.

Oh, well.
I'm still eating turkey tonight.

But I did want to see how the turkeys themselves feel
about the ongoing abuse against them.
And I may have found a few answers:









hey, happy thanksgiving!

2 comments:

The Lee County Clowder said...

While you are on the topic, don't forget when a bunch of renegade turkeys attacked Mr. Garrison's class

laurak/ForestWalkArt :) said...

hahahaaa!!! i've seen those 'turkey attacks' on Thanksgiving pasts...on the news.
it's about time the turkey gets revenge! ha!

hope you had a happy one.

i know just how that 4 year old feels...if i think too much about it...i could easily become a vegetarian.... :)